CPSD invites you to explore our psychotherapy and assessment services.
Please note: We welcome clients who speak Spanish when we have bilingual therapists available. Please call (804) 828-8069 to learn more. Damos la bienvenida a los clientes que hablan español. Para terapeutas bilingües, llame al (804) 828-8069. Disponibilidad limitada.
We offer a wide variety of psychotherapy services to treat concerns such as, but not limited to, anxiety, depression, life adjustment, relationship conflicts, ADHD and parenting. Your therapist will discuss treatment options and work with you to decide the best approach for your specific needs. We offer group therapy experiences, including a culturally relevant and empowerment-focused group for Black adults led by Black clinicians.
At our location, we have several private consultation rooms that provide a secure place for you and your therapist to talk about what’s on your mind. Our treatment rooms include those specifically designed for children and families, group therapy and couples counseling. We also have state-of-the-art digital recording equipment to allow for regular supervision by licensed faculty members.
Explore psychotherapy for ...
Our comprehensive assessment services include evaluation of intellectual and other cognitive abilities, academic skills, personality and behavior. Assessments completed at the CPSD are often used to support student requests for academic accommodations.
Services Not Offered
Because we are a training clinic, we cannot meet the needs of all people:
- We do not provide walk-in/same-day appointments to the public.
- For our current clients, we do not provide emergency services after regular clinic hours. In case of an emergency, follow the safety plan developed with your therapist, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
- We do not provide court-ordered therapy or assessments.
- We are not able to provide assessments for children younger than age six.
- We do not provide assessments for clients of any age if the main concern is Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- We do not prescribe medications.
For those services, we encourage you to search Psychology Today to find a therapist, psychologist or counselor who can meet your needs.