Apply for Services
The CPSD requires an application for all psychotherapy and assessment services.
The first step is to read through the important information on this page. The second step is to see the Ready to Apply? section below to complete the online application form or, if you prefer, a downloadable version you may print and deliver yourself.
Once our team reviews your application, an assistant director may contact you to learn more about your needs and goals. If we can meet your needs, a therapist will contact you to schedule your first appointment. If we cannot meet your needs or you would prefer to be seen sooner than our schedule allows, we will provide you with a list of community resources.
We are not accepting applications for assessment at this time. Please check back later this semester for an update. We ARE accepting applications for psychotherapy services.
The CPSD is a training clinic for advanced graduate students in the VCU Department of Psychology. It typically takes 10-14 days for us to review your application. We cannot guarantee an appointment to any applicant.
About Your Application
In your application, we require:
- A contact name for the doctor, counselor or agency if you were referred to the CPSD
- The deadline by which you need the requested services, if applicable
We are currently accepting:
- Applications for therapy (individual, couples and group)
We are not currently accepting:
- Applications for assessment
We never accept:
- Applications for psychological evaluations for custody
- Requests for medications management and/or prescribing medications
Ready to apply?
A few things to remember:
- Be prepared to complete the entire application before you begin.
- You may need 15 minutes or more to complete the application.
- You cannot save your progress and return to your application later.
- To protect your personal health information, your session will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- It is important to remember that we do not review applications immediately and that we only accept applications with all forms completed.
Download Application Forms
If you prefer, download and print the application forms. Return them by mail or hand deliver to CPSD.
Please note: Downloaded application forms require Adobe Reader to view and print.
To protect your privacy, we do not accept applications via email or by fax. Please mail or deliver all paper applications.
We do not provide walk-in or same-day appointments or provide emergency services outside of regular clinic hours. Emergency services during regular hours are for current clients only.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
If you are a VCU student experiencing a mental health emergency, call (804) 828-6200 day or night—select option 2 when calling after hours.
- 988 for the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- Si hablas español, llama a 1-888-628-9454. Lifeline ofrece 24/7, gratuito servicios en español.