Fees and Payments
Sliding Scale Fees
We offer sliding scale fees based on your family income. Before your first appointment, a CPSD assistant director will set your fees with you by phone. If your ability to pay your fee changes over time, you may call us and ask to speak to an assistant director about changing your fee.
We realize that for some clients, the sliding scale fee is greater than your standard copay (or coinsurance) specified by your health insurance policy. As a courtesy, we can set your fee for therapy equal to your copay for outpatient office visits for a specialist, mental health or behavioral health provider.
It is important to remember:
- We do not participate in any insurance plan.
- We do not file insurance claims nor do we receive payment from any provider or agency.
- At your request, we will provide you with documentation of your services.
- We do not offer free ("pro bono") services. Ask an assistant director for details when discussing your fee.
You are expected to pay for services at the beginning of each appointment. For assessments, you are expected to pay your fee, in full, before your first testing appointment.
We accept cash, checks, and American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa credit cards. Clients can pay in-person during office hours, by phone at (804) 828-8069, through our payment website, or through the mail by sending a check.
To pay by mail, please make your check payable to CPSD and address it to:
We will mail you a receipt if you request one.
Payments on Your Behalf
Please inform us if you have been referred to the CPSD by an agency (e.g., Department of Social Services) that intends to pay your fees. We need to know the name of the agency and have a contact name and telephone number. We will confirm the agency's intent to pay before your services begin.
We cannot process payments with:
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) cards