If you are a current CPSD client, you're in the right place! Explore the information available below.
I want to...
In-person or telehealth appointments can be scheduled during our open hours.
- Therapy appointments are typically 50 minutes long and may begin at the top or bottom of each hour. For example, your appointment may begin at 2 p.m.
- Assessment appointments range in length from two to six hours.
Your clinician can answer your questions about the length and structure of your appointments.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please provide 24 hours advance notice for therapy appointments and two full business days notice for assessment appointments to avoid late cancellation fees. View our cancellation policy.
To reschedule or cancel an appointment, please call the CPSD directly at (804) 828-8069 or leave a message for your therapist on their voicemail. View our cancellation policy to avoid late cancellation fees.
CPSD Cancellation Policy
To avoid being charged your full session fee, you must give at least 24 hours advance notice to cancel your therapy appointment. If you are scheduled for an assessment, we require two full business days notice to avoid late cancellation fees. Exceptions may be made in case of an emergency.
If you don’t show up for a therapy appointment or cancel with a notice of less than 24 business hours (e.g., by Friday at 10:00 a.m. for a Monday 10:00 a.m. appointment), you will be charged your full fee for that missed appointment.
If you don’t show up for an assessment appointment or cancel with a notice of less than 48 business hours (e.g., by Thursday at 10:00 a.m. for a Monday 10:00 a.m. appointment), you will be charged $10 for every hour reserved for the appointment (e.g., $60 for a six-hour appointment).
What if I have an emergency?
We get it – stuff happens. If you need to miss an appointment for illness, emergency or other extenuating circumstances, please let us know as soon a possible. We may be able to make an exception to the policy.
Teletherapy appointments are available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
In-person therapy and assessment appointments are available as follows:
- Monday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Staff monitor voicemail and email Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and reply promptly. Staff at the clinic's front desk answer the phone during the hours listed above for in-person appointments.
Because we are located in a vibrant and busy urban environment, we want to ensure that all of our clients feel safe in what may be unfamiliar surroundings. Our location is well-lit and we have a VCU security officer on staff each evening.
The closest VCU-owned parking is the West Broad Street Parking Deck, approximately three blocks from CPSD. On-street parking is available at free and metered spots.
Please do not park in VCU's parking lot (WW) next to the building. It is permit parking only and is well patrolled.
Please print out and complete our Authorization to Release or Obtain Information form and give it to our receptionist or your therapist.
You may also mail the form to:
612 N. Lombardy St.
Richmond, VA 23284
Note: We will not accept this form through email.
You will be sent all new client forms through DocuSign before your first appointment, so you do not need to download or print them.
However, if you prefer to do so, links are below. All forms are required.
- Informed Consent for Treatment
- Informed Consent Addendum for Teletherapy
- Informed Consent Addendum for Tele-Assessment
- Email Consent and Social Media Policy
- Emergency Contacts/Weapons and Intoxication Policy/Childcare Policy
- You can read, print and/or sign the forms with Adobe Reader. You can also add your electronic signature to the forms with Adobe Reader.
- You must complete all new client forms, including the Fee Agreement form that is sent through DocuSign, before your first appointment.
- For your protection, we will not accept your completed forms by email.
- We do not accept new client forms unless you have a scheduled appointment.
We understand that financial stressors can interfere with your ability to continue therapy. If you have difficulty paying, please call us and ask to speak to an assistant director about your fees.
You can also leave a voicemail message at (804) 828-1183. In your message, be sure to include your name, request for a fee reduction, and the best days and times of day for a return call.
CPSD clinicians cannot prescribe medication.
Please help us all stay healthy:
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth. VCU rules for healthcare settings require all people in the clinic, aged 5 and older, to wear a face mask at all times. This is true for everyone, whether you’re vaccinated or not.
- Stay or return home if you or someone with you feels sick or has COVID-19 symptoms. We kindly ask that you reschedule your appointment, at no charge, if you are ill.
The CPSD follows VCU's health advisories for a safe campus. We will always prioritize the care of our clients, our students' training and the wellbeing of our community.
We do not provide walk-in or same-day appointments or provide emergency services outside of regular clinic hours. Emergency services during regular hours are for current clients only.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
If you are a VCU student experiencing a mental health emergency, call (804) 828-6200 day or night—select option 2 when calling after hours.
- 988 for the Suicide and Crisis Lifeline
- Si hablas español, llama a 1-888-628-9454. Lifeline ofrece 24/7, gratuito servicios en español.