Apply for services
The CPSD requires an application for all services.
An assistance director may contact you with questions, after reviewing your application, to learn more about your needs and goals. If we can meet your needs, a therapist will contact you to schedule your first appointment. If we cannot meet your needs or you would prefer to be seen sooner than our schedule allows, we will provide you with a list of community resources.
The CPSD is a training clinic for advanced graduate students in the VCU Department of Psychology. It typically takes 10-14 days for us to review your application. We cannot guarantee an appointment to any applicant.
We do not offer 24/7 crisis services at our clinic. If you need assistance immediately, please call 911 or go to your local emergency room. Another option is to call a suicide hotline, such as the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at (800) 273-8255.
If you are a VCU student and in crisis, University Counseling Services offers walk-in crisis services during weekday business hours (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) After hours, contact VCU Police at (804) 828-1234 and ask to speak to a counselor.
- A contact name for the doctor, counselor, or agency if you were referred to the CPSD
- The deadline by which you need the requested services, if applicable
We are currently accepting:
- Applications for therapy (individual and group)
- Applications for assessments
We are not currently accepting:
- Applications for psychological evaluations for custody
- Requests for medications management and/or prescribing medications
Please be prepared to complete the entire application before you begin.
- You may need 15 minutes or more to complete the application.
- You cannot save your progress and return to your application later.
- To protect your personal health information, your session will expire after 30 minutes of inactivity.
It is important to remember that we do not review applications immediately and that we only accept applications with all forms completed.
Contact the CPSD if you need assistance with our online applications.
It is good to know that:
- Downloaded application forms require Adobe Reader to view and print.
- To protect your privacy, we do not accept applications via e-mail or by fax. Please mail or deliver all paper applications.
Contact the CPSD for assistance with downloading or printing our applications.
Es bueno saber que:
- Los formularios de solicitud descargados requieren Adobe Reader para ver e imprimir.
- Para su protección, no envíe por correo electrónico o fax las aplicaciones completas a la clínica.
- Envíe su solicitud completa por correo.
- Si lo prefiere, podemos completar su solicitud por teléfono al 804-828-8069.
- Por lo general, respondemos dentro de 10 días a dos semanas de recibo.
CPSD es una clinica de entrenamiento para estudiantes de posgrado avanzados en el Departamento de Psicología de VCU.
No ofrecemos servicios de crisis 24/7 en nuestra clínica. Si necesita ayuda de inmediato, llame al 911 o vaya a la sala de emergencias mas cercana. Otra opción es llamar a una línea directa de suicidio, como la Línea Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio al (800) 273-8255.